Tips for Setting Up Your Wedding Registry
1. When selecting where to setup your bridal registry you should select a store that is going to provide the level of service you require and make the process as simple as possible.
- Scanner - Using a scanner to scan the items you wish to select is so much easier than having to walk around a store and write down all the barcodes (which are very small print and many are long).
- Registry accessible via Website - You want the Wedding Registry to be available on the Internet so guests can purchase online. This is particularly important if you have friends/guests living overseas. Minimax has a website that allows the Couple to manage their registry online and/or they can select products in the store. They also have a website which is very popular with guests for purchasing gifts. Guests can also phone and make a purchase over the phone (this is then processed via the Minimax Web site www.minimax.com.au. In addition, guests receive a 5% discount when purchasing non sale items via the website.
- Delivery - Minimax provides free delivery (within the Melbourne Metro area)of gifts purchased by guests either online or instore to the bride and groom at a time that suits them.
- Maintaining your Registry – you should have flexibility when adding and deleting products on your registry – both online and in the store.
- Guest Purchase List – When gifts are delivered to the Couple
- Offers – Minimax provide a 15% discount to couples for 3 months after the wedding if they wish to purchase any remaining items on their registry.
2. Think about the items you already have – colour’s, ranges, specific products etc
3. Select a range of products in different price ranges to place on your registry - this helps meet the needs of all guests. Some guests buy a substantial gift but want to add something smaller to bring the cost of the gift to a total $ value that they have in mind. Some guests buy a selection of smaller gifts.
4. Thinking about the above you will need to place approximately the same number of products on your registry as the number of guests you have invited.
5. Most guests want to purchase a gift that is ‘special’. Think about ‘special’ items for your registry, products you love but wouldn’t necessarily buy your self.
6. Product ranges that are popular choices on Wedding Registries:
- Villeroy & Boch
- Riedel Wine Decanters and Glassware
- Tivoli Radio’s
- Bath Towels
- Kitchen Aid
- Le Creuset
- All Clad
- Swiss Diamond
- Peugeot Salt & Pepper Grinders
- Brabantia Bins
- Knife Sets
Coordit® provides you with a complimentary Wedding Registry Checklist
, to ensure you don't miss a thing! Use our Bridal Registry Checklist
together with Minimax
's tips above, and you'll have the perfect Registry!